Thursday, June 19, 2014

2014 Hockey World Cup Statsfile



This piece was published in Stick2hockey.com

First Goal of the World Cup: (Men) Glenn Turner (Australia) vs Malaysia


First Hat-trick of the World Cup:
(Women) Kelly Jonker (Netherlands) vs Japan


Total Penalty Corners Earned in the World Cup:
542


First Card of the World Cup
: Jeremy Hayward (Australia) vs Malaysia – he got a green card


Total Goals Scored in the World Cup:
320


 

Total Matches Played in the 2014 World Cup: 76


First Upset of the World Cup: (Men) 10th ranked Spain drawing 4th ranked England 1-1


Number of Hat-tricks in the World Cup:
8 – Kelly Jonker (Netherlands) vs Japan, Tom Boon (Belgium) vs Malaysia), Andy Hayward (New Zealand) vs Malaysia, Katle O’Donnell (USA) vs China, Andy Hayward (New Zealand) vs Germany, Gonzalo Peillat (Argentina) vs New Zealand, Gonzalo Peillat (Argentina) vs Korea, Justin Reid-Ross (South Africa) vs Malaysia


Faster Goal of the World Cup:
(Men) Steven Edwards (New Zealand) 11 seconds vs Korea


Team Leaking Most Goals in the World Cup:
Malaysia (Men) 26 goals


Most Penalty Corners Awarded In A World Cup Match:
14 PCs earned by three teams – USA women vs England, Australian women vs Belgium, Netherlands women vs Korea


Biggest Victory Margin:
(Men) Netherlands beat South Africa 7-1; (Women) Netherlands beat Japan 6-1


First Penalty Corner Goal of the World Cup:
(Women) Krystal Forgesson (New Zealand) vs Belgium


Top Goal-Scorer of the World Cup:
(Men) 9 Gonzalo Peillat – Argentina (Women) 7 Maartje Paumen - Netherlands


Team Winning Most Penalty Corners In A World Cup Match:
13 (Australia women vs Belgium


New additions to the 2014 World Cup from the 2010 World Cup:
Belgium and Malaysia – they replaced Pakistan and Canada


First Player to Slam Two Hat-tricks in the World Cup:
Gonzalo Peillat (Argentina) against New Zealand and Korea


Only Ten-Minute Yellow Card of the World Cup:
Gurbaj Singh (India) vs Korea


First Penalty Stroke Goal of the World Cup:
(Women) Anna Flanagan (Australia) vs Korea


Most Goals in a World Cup match:
Tom Boon (4) Belgium vs Malaysia


Biggest Upset of the World Cup:
11th ranked Argentina men beating 2nd ranked Germany 1-0


Team Having Giant-Killing Run in the World Cup:
10th USA women upset 4th England, 6th ranked Germany, 7th ranked China, even drawing world no. 2 Argentina in the league phase


Only player to feature in four consecutive World Cup finals:
Jamier Dwyer (Australia – 2002, 2006, 2010 and 2014)


Maiden World Cup Podium Finish:
Argentinean men bagging a bronze – their previous best World Cup performance was a 6th place finish in the 1986 and 2002 World Cup


First Half Hat-Tricks in the World Cup:
  Tom Boon (Belgium) vs Malaysia and Gonzalo Peillat (Argentina) vs Korea


Indian Perspective


Number of Goals India Scored in the World Cup:
10


Maiden Senior International Goal:
Jasjit Singh vs Malaysia


India’s First Goal of the World Cup:
Mandeep Singh vs Belgium


India’s biggest victory margin in the World Cup:
3-0 vs Korea


First Indian Player to be shown a card at the World Cup:
Chinglensana Singh (green) vs Belgium


Number of Penalty Corners India Earned:
18


India’s top goal-scorer in the World Cup:
Akashdeep Singh (5 goals)


Number of Cards shown to Indian players in the World Cup:
4 – Chinglensana Singh (green) vs Belgium, Akashdeep Singh (green)vs England, Vokkaliga Raghunath (green) vs Australia, Gurbaj Singh (yellow) vs Korea


Total Number of Circle Penetrations India had in the World Cup: 113


Number of Penalty Strokes Converted:
2


Number of Penalty Corners Goals India Scored:
Zero


Highest Circle Penetrations India had in a single World Cup game:
29 vs Malaysia


Only Indian to score two goals in a World Cup match twice:
Akashdeep Singh vs Malaysia and Korea



aks.ashok@gmail.com
Dear Sir,
Hope all is well at your end. I wish to apply for suitable editorial openings in Qatar Tribune. I have spent more than ten years in journalism working across diverse beats – political reporting, sports writing and business writing. I hail from Guwahati, Assam and currently work as a Senior Business Editor for a Pune-based leading Knowledge Process Outsourcing (KPO) firm SG Analytics. My current work profile involves editing/rewriting/proof-reading all industry reports prepared by our research analysts before they are delivered to our global clients.
Satisfaction-wise, I reckon I have attained more or less whatever I wanted to after going through the ‘initial struggle’ coming from a state like Assam, where they are scant opportunities for journalists. I seriously feel that I need to lookout for greener pastures and working in Qatar can be a viable option for me.
I will be more than comfortable editing/rewriting news copies besides writing my own stories whenever required (in sports or business beats). I possess a learning mindset irrespective of my long journalism stint as I believe ‘learning never stops in life’. My biggest passion is ‘Sports’ and I have substantial exposure towards almost all sports with prime focus on soccer, cricket, tennis, boxing, wrestling, hockey (I even have an exclusive hockey blog Hockey Passion). I’m pretty comfortable with giving catchy headlines, captions (for photos), etc. I’m prepared to offer my services for desk work as well and the only think I have lost touch with over the years is designing pages as my current work profile during the last three years doesn’t require me to perform that ‘designing task’. Over a period of time, I have worked for various media houses like The Times Group’s daily tabloid Pune Mirror, The New Indian Express (Bangalore), Mid-Day (Mumbai and Bangalore), thatscricket.com (Bangalore), Sakaal Times, CV Magazine (India’s number one commercial vehicle magazine), Nagaland Post among others.
I also have a fair amount of exposure towards business writing, especially automobile and the construction equipments sectors. I would like to frankly admit that my business know-how may not be fully ‘complete’, but do have what it takes to edit/rewrite companies, especially company news, press notes, quarterly earnings reports, market commendatory,, etc.
I will be open towards working in ‘Sports’ beat, but will be flexible towards taking up whatever responsibilities your esteemed organization foists on me. I will be game for pulling in the hard yards and all I seek is a decent work environment, which will allow me to flourish.
On the personal side, I’m a married and have a four-old son.
Please find below some of URLs as well as the PDF versions of my sports/automobile writings.

Look forward to an interview opportunity at the earliest.

Have a great day ahead.

Best Regards
Suhrid Barua


No comments:

How poor managers can cause serious reputational damage to a brand!

In a fiercely competitive marketplace, companies always have one goal in mind – how it can be ‘best heard’. Companies are increasingly ‘tak...