Monday, July 9, 2007

‘I was never approached by Zee’

Maharashtra Herald July 9, 2007

BY SUHRID BARUA
suhridb@sakalherald.com
Pune: After being in the eye of the storm over reports that he may be plying his cricketing skills in Zee Group’s soon-to-be-launched Indian Cricket, League (ICL), Maharashtra Ranji batsman Dheeraaj Jadhav has said he was shocked and surprised to see his name crop up over his participation in the league.
“I was away in Chennai playing in a tournament and suddenly I heard all this talk about me joining the ICL. I'm still trying to find out that newspaper, which supposedly carried that news item. I have never been approached by anyone from Zee. Forget approaching, I don’t even know the format of ICL,” Jadhav told the Herald in an informal chat.
Jadhav said he was feeling perturbed about the whole thing. “It was tough on me for sure. MCA delivered a show-cause notice to which I have replied. I think they (MCA) are satisfied with my explanation. They now know the real thing,” Jadhav said with a sense of relief palpable on his face.
The 27-year-old left-handed opening batsman did not rule out vested interests working against him. “I just get the feeling that somebody is out there doing some dirty stuff,” he observed without divulging much.
However, Jadhav, who forced his way into the national squad for the fourth and final Test against Australia in 2004 on the back of a superb hundred he racked up for India against India ‘A’ in a warm-up game, was bullish that the ICL-joining episode won’t dent his chances of playing for Maharashtra in Ranji Trophy. “I don’t think so. I’ve no plans of playing for any other side or league. I take a lot of pride in playing for Maharashtra and I will continue to do so,” Jadhav added.

No comments:

How poor managers can cause serious reputational damage to a brand!

In a fiercely competitive marketplace, companies always have one goal in mind – how it can be ‘best heard’. Companies are increasingly ‘tak...