Thursday, June 28, 2007

Comeback man Mongia ready to fight

MiD DAY September 6, 2006

By: Suhrid Barua
Bangalore: Dinesh Mongia’s call-up to the national one-day side after more than a year in limbo, has injected a fresh lease of life into his not-so-happening cricket career.The stylish left-hander made his international debut against Australia in Pune in 2000-2001 and has been in and out of the side for most part, but he has no compunctions about it.“Life is not always fair. I’ve tried to make the most of the opportunities thathave come my way. I learnt to take things in my stride, which is very important for a cricketer and I strongly believe in that,” he told MiD DAY during the ongoing rolling camp here.Early daysMongia revealed that playing for the country was never on his mind when he first took up a bat as a kid. “I took up cricket because I enjoyed playing it. “When you play as a kid, you never think of playing for India, you just want to enjoy the game, that’s what I did.”So how difficult is it to motivate oneself when things aren’t going your way? “There’s no point in brooding about the missed opportunities.“Certain things are not in my hands."If you bother too much about such things, negativity creeps in and your game suffers. “So I always try to stay positive,” Mongia said.

No comments:

How poor managers can cause serious reputational damage to a brand!

In a fiercely competitive marketplace, companies always have one goal in mind – how it can be ‘best heard’. Companies are increasingly ‘tak...